Aduna is an Africa-inspired health food brand and social business. Our mission is to bring you the natural vitality of Africa’s super-ingredients, while creating sustainable livelihoods for small-scale producers.
Our impact is achieved by creating demand for under-utilised natural products from small producers – starting with the nutrient-rich baobab fruit, moringa leaf and raw cacao, which we sell as superfood powders and raw energy bars.
Once we have created demand, we direct it to remote communities in rural Africa, connecting them directly to the global health food market and creating sustainable income through trade not aid.
The primary focus of the Field Sales intern is to support the UK retail team in driving brand awareness and rate of sale across selected UK retailers by implementing visual standards, delivering staff training, maintaining stock levels in-store, assisting with promotional support, and participating at a variety of events and tradeshows. 80% of the role is based in the field, with a particular focus on premium health food retailers and destination retailers (Whole Foods Market, Planet Organic, As Nature Intended and Liberty). The Field Sales Intern will be the “eyes and ears” of the brand and feedback local marketing ideas to the team.
Key Projects and Responsibilities
- Develop an in-store training calendar and deliver high-quality staff training to key retailers including Whole Foods Market and Planet Organic
- Organise & host in-store demos – coordinate with store buyers / demo coordinators on scheduling, product availability and demo guidelines
- Develop an online database of retailer photos, store profiles, and visit reports that can be accessed by the entire business
- Build rapport with our retail stores’ staff and buyers and seek opportunities to expand our shelf space / general retail presence in your respective region
- Develop relationships with store locations outside of London to support in-store needs (phone calls, email)
- Install POS in retailers where appropriate to increase brand visibility
- Negotiate improved positioning of Aduna products in-store where appropriate (dual siting, pallet drops, end-gondola displays, etc.)
- Gain a real grasp of retail and competitive environment, report and track finding to share with Aduna team
- Experience or interest in buying, sales, category management, merchandising, account management
- MS office proficient
You need to be sales-savvy, target driven and have great communication skills to be demonstrated both within the Aduna team and with our retailers. This is a face-to-face role where enthusiasm and an outgoing personality are essential as you will be interacting with people on a constant basis.
Retail background is desirable, with experience from the shop floor or store management with an interest to progress into a sales role. Preferred candidates will hold 1-2 years of experience in account management, marketing or sales.
Please note this role is 80% field based so an ability and willingness to travel is key!
Key Terms and Conditions
- 6 month internship, immediate start.
- Based in London: working 80% of the time in the field and docking daily at Aduna HQ in Oval, SW London.
- Paid internship
- Progression opportunities
Send a copy of your CV with a covering e-mail to email@example.com explaining what you would bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited to a brief exploratory meeting.