Aduna is an Africa-inspired health food brand and social business. Our products are made using exceptional and underutilised natural ingredients sourced directly from small-scale producers in Africa. Our mission is to breathe the vibrancy of Africa into the daily lives of people all over the world, creating a virtuous circle that feeds significant positive impacts back to the source. Find out more about us at www.aduna.com. You can also listen to our founder Andrew launching Aduna at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference on “The Promise of Africa” in 2012.
Aduna is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly efficient intern to support on all aspects of PR and social media over a three month period. You will be working in a small team of energetic, passionate individuals in a collaborative, creative and fast-paced environment. This will be an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a number of elements of the communications mix including PR, events, social media, digital, branding and strategy. You will also get to experience the excitement of working in a small, fast-growing business, help us in our journey towards building a global brand and help support small-scale producers in rural Africa.
Responsibilities will include:
- Social media – helping manage our Twitter/ Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/Linkedin accounts – generating posts, engaging in conversations with followers, researching & reaching out to influencers, researching & creating relevant content to be shared
- Digital - support on maintenance of the website; research & create content for digital marketing e.g. e-newsletters
- PR – respond to journalist requests; send out samples, monitor and capture press coverage
- Support on logistics management for Aduna events
- Research sales targets (potential new customers)
You need to be smart, confident and outgoing. This is a fast paced business where a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude is a must. Elements of the internship will require face-to-face interaction with journalists, bloggers, customers and retailers so enthusiasm and an outgoing personality are essential.
Skills & Qualities:
- Positive, friendly and outgoing personality
- A fast learner and ability to adapt to any situation.
- A passion for Africa and/or health, beauty and wellbeing
- Highly organised, meticulous and dependable with ability to multi-task
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and self-confident – you may need to spend periods of time working unsupervised/ with little management
- High degree of initiative - ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise; problem solve, increase efficiency and streamline processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities
- Ability to be flexible as part of a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
- Knowledge of social media channels (experience preferred)
- Fluent in English
Send us a copy of your CV with a covering email explaining what you bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited to a brief exploratory meeting. Please send your application directly to Olivia Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Terms and Conditions
- Start date: April 2017 (3-4 month internship)
- Based in London at Aduna office (2 minutes from Oval Station)
- Work days: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-6pm
- Salary £250/per month, travel expenses (within London zones 1-2) & lunch allowance