Aduna is an Africa-inspired health food brand and social business. Our mission is to bring you the natural vitality of Africa’s super-ingredients, while creating sustainable livelihoods for small-scale producers.
Our impact is achieved by creating demand for under-utilised natural products from small producers – starting with the nutrient-rich baobab fruit, moringa leaf and raw cacao, which we sell as superfood powders and raw energy bars.
Once we have created demand, we direct it to remote communities in rural Africa, connecting them directly to the global health food market and creating sustainable income through trade not aid.
The primary focus of the Aduna brand representative is to drive sales of Aduna products in key retail environments via sampling, selling and communicating benefits of Aduna’s range of superfood powders and energy bars to customers. You will be a credible product and brand expert and the friendly face representing Aduna at our key retailers including Whole Foods Market and Planet Organic as well as at a variety of consumer shows and exhibitions.
Key Projects and Responsibilities:
- Host in-store demos in accordance with retailers’ demo guidelines
- Drive sales of products during sessions in order to achieve daily sales targets
- Create a vibrant customer experience at demo events to increase brand awareness and build customer loyalty
- Provide product information using branded collateral including: nutritional benefits, origin, brand mission & usage suggestions
- Build rapport with our retail stores’ staff and buyers, and seek opportunities to expand our general retail presence
- Participate in relevant events for Aduna to showcase products
Previous experience or interest in sales, retail, health food or social enterprise
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in food and ideally with related sales experience. An enthusiastic manner is required and confidence in approaching people is essential. You must be reliable, punctual and organised with great oral communication skills.
Key Terms and Conditions
- Part time, flexible
- Involves both weekends & weekdays
- Basic salary
If you would like more information or to apply for the role please send us a copy of your CV with a covering e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org explain what you would bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited to a brief exploratory meeting.