Aduna is a multi-award-winning health and wellness brand, specialising in innovative and ethically sourced African superfoods. The word “Aduna” means “life” or “world” in Wolof, the main local language of The Gambia and Senegal, and celebrates the connectedness of all living things. This philosophy is enshrined in our business model and our wider philosophy of wellness – whereby wellness for ourselves must also mean wellness for other people and for the planet.
Since launching in 2012, we have taken the Africa baobab fruit from obscurity to established superfood, creating new and sustainable incomes for 2,000 plus women in Ghana and Burkina Faso, and conserving more than 5000 trees. We have a powerful network of partners in this work, ranging from local community organisations and women’s cooperatives to major international organisations such as the UNCCD and WWF.
This is is a very exciting moment for Aduna as we seek to refresh and evolve the brand, products and content, with the objective of becoming a truly planet-leading business for the post-covid world.
Aduna is rich in story; from our philosophy and business model to our ingredients and impact. The Aduna Content & Social Media Manager will be responsible for planning, developing and delivering our content and social media strategy – creating compelling, engaging and authentic content and distributing it across our social media and digital marketing channels. In the next phase of our brand development, and in keeping with our commitment to the Black Lives Matter movement, we envisage a wealth of exciting and creative collaborations with black and African content partners both here in London and in Ghana, where our baobab supply chain is based. We will want you to lead this work.
The Content & Social Media Manager will report into the Marketing & Comms Director, and for the period of the Marketing & Comms Director’s maternity leave (August 2020-21) into the COO and CEO of Aduna. You will work closely with our Creative & E-Commerce Manager and agencies, and will play a critical role in building the Aduna brand as we move into the mainstream, helping drive sales of our products online and offline and nurturing a loyal, passionate and engaged global community of Aduna Feel Good Tribers.
As Content & Social Media Manager here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Developing and executing the annual content strategy and plan for Aduna working in partnership with the Creative & E-Commerce Manager & UK Sales Manager
- Planning and producing engaging, on brand content (graphics, recipes, videos, stories, ads) for social media and other digital marketing channels as required
- Styling and shooting photography and videos for content inhouse
- Working in partnership with the Creative & E-Commerce Manager, external graphic designer, digital agency and bloggers to create and commission content as required
- Telling the Aduna story and being a guardian of the brand ensuring all content is on brand and in the Aduna tone of voice
- Developing and executing annual social media strategy, plan and KPIs
- Managing Aduna’s presence on all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linked-In) including:
- Drafting and scheduling all posts/ stories using scheduling platforms
- Responding to all comments in timely fashion
- Staying up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Growing followers and engagement levels through engaging content, competitions, campaigns & proactive outreach
- Reviewing and streamlining processes and platforms as required
- Working with Creative & E-Commerce Manager and digital agency to plan and coordinate paid-for social media activity – boosting relevant content to relevant target audiences
- Analysing social media insights and campaigns and implementing learnings
- Sharing weekend social media duty with wider marketing team
- Working with the Marketing Director and Creative & E-Commerce Manager to write engaging, on-brand copy for Aduna marketing activities and collateral including leaflets, ads, newsletters, website, blogs, packaging if required, video scripts etc.
- Planning, creating and sending email newsletters for the Aduna brand and for its sister bulk ingredients business working in partnership with the Creative & E-Commerce Manager and our digital agency on visuals and content for automations
- Growing the Aduna newsletter database through brand partnerships, competitions, e-books and other tactics
- Identifying brands with a similar target audience and creating mutually beneficial partnerships to cross pollinate our customer bases
PR, Influencer & Blogger Outreach
- Identifying and reaching out to influencers, bloggers and vloggers to enroll them in our social mission and negotiating free or paid-for partnerships to spread the word about Aduna and our products to their networks
- Working with digital agency to manage Aduna affiliate programme – onboarding influencers & driving affiliate sales
- Supporting the Marketing Director on Aduna PR activities as required including sending out products, monitoring and reporting on press coverage
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Providing additional support to marketing team as required
- Occasionally representing Aduna at third party events and supporting Aduna events (where a weekend day is worked, a day in lieu will be granted)
- Five years’ plus experience as Social Media Specialist or similar role either working for an agency or inhouse or as a blogger growing your own social media presence
- It goes without saying but a natural passion for all things social media is an absolute must for this role – we are looking for someone who lives and breathes this stuff!
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ and other social media channels and best practices
- Passion and in-depth knowledge of contemporary African art, music and creative culture
- Personal interest in health, wellness and food
- A creative with an eye for design and the ability to shoot photos and video content to professional standards
- You should be a natural copy writer and communicator with a flair for story telling
- Critical thinker and problem-solver, ability to work independently and with little management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Permanent role currently based at home. Post COVID we will be finding new offices based in central London and will adopt a mix of home and office-based work
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 lieu days per year for weekend SM duty
- Company laptop
- Salary dependent on experience
- Office hours 9.30-6pm with 4pm Fridays in the summer
How to Apply:
- To apply for this role, please send a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the role and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org