Aduna is an Africa-inspired health and beauty brand and social business. Our products are made using exceptional and underutilised natural ingredients sourced directly from small-scale producers in Africa. Our mission is to breathe the vibrancy of Africa into the daily lives of people all over the world, creating a virtuous circle that feeds significant positive impacts back to the source. You can also listen to our founder Andrew launching Aduna at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference on “The Promise of Africa” in 2012.
Aduna is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern to support on all aspects of our creative development for a three month period. This will be an opportunity to grow and develop your design and creative skills with a small, fast-growing business. Your contribution will help us in our journey towards building a global brand and help support small-scale producers in rural Africa.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing new artwork for promotional material based on briefs provided by marketing and/or communications teams
- Participating in development of creative briefs
- Updating imagery and copy on current artwork
- Participating in Aduna photoshoots
- Liaising with printers to ensure artwork is provided in the correct size and resolution
- Creating and maintaining a design calendar, ensuring project timelines and deadlines are clearly communicated
- Liaising with Aduna designer based in South Africa to assemble colour palette and packaging guidelines
- Developing new ideas and designs for gift with purchase
- Recent design graduate
- Passionate about all things design with great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to plan and organise your time well
- Keen on learning new skills
- A positive attitude
- Ability to bring new ideas and innovation
- Interest in health & wellness, fitness, small business, and/or Africa
- Ability to sketch is a great plus
Send us a copy of your CV and portfolio with a covering email explaining what you bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited to a brief exploratory meeting.
Please send your application directly to Elena Demetri: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Start date: ASAP (3 month internship)
- Based in London at Aduna office (2 minutes from Oval Station)
- Work days: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-6pm
- Salary £250/month + travel expenses & lunch allowance