Aduna is an Africa-inspired health food brand and social business. Our products are made using exceptional and underutilised natural ingredients sourced directly from small-scale producers in Africa. Our mission is to breathe the vibrancy of Africa into the daily lives of people all over the world, creating a virtuous circle that feeds significant positive impacts back to the source. Find out more about us at www.aduna.com. You can also listen to our founder Andrew launching Aduna at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference on “The Promise of Africa” in 2012.
Aduna is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly efficient intern to support on all aspects of PR and social media over a three month period. You will be working in a small team of energetic, passionate individuals in a collaborative, creative and fast-paced environment. This will be an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a number of elements of the communications mix including PR, events, social media, digital, branding and strategy. You will also get to experience the excitement of working in a small, fast-growing business, help us in our journey towards building a global brand and help support small-scale producers in rural Africa.
Responsibilities will include:
You will be the voice of the Aduna brand online and will have primary responsibility for interacting with our followers on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn, helping build our community of Aduna Feel Good Tribers.
You will be working closely with the Marketing & Comms team to develop and execute our social media strategy (including both organic and paid-for activity) across all our platforms and to manage the editorial plan
- You will support the team to maintain and update the Aduna website including SEO optimisation (training provided)
- You will research and create content for digital marketing including website, social media, recipe and blog posts
- You will support on PR including researching and reaching out to influencers, sending out samples to bloggers, journalists and influencers and monitoring press coverage
- You will undertake research projects to help inform our digital marketing strategy
- You will provide general admin support to the Marketing & Comms team
You need to be smart, confident and enthusiastic. This is a fast-paced business where a proactive 'can-do' attitude is a must.
Skills & Qualities:
- Positive, friendly and outgoing personality
- A fast learner and ability to adapt to any situation
- A passion for Africa and/or health, food, fitness and wellbeing
- Highly organised, meticulous and dependable with ability to multi-task
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and self-confident – you may need to spend periods of time working unsupervised/ with little management
- High degree of initiative - ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise; problem solve, increase efficiency and streamline processes
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities
- Ability to be flexible as part of a small team
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop not essential but preferred
- Knowledge of social media channels (experience preferred)
- Fluent in English
Send us a copy of your CV with a covering email explaining what you would bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited for interview. Please send your application directly to Olivia Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Terms and Conditions
- Start date: August 2017 (3-4 month internship)
- Based in London at Aduna office (2 minutes from Oval Station)
- Work days: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-6pm. Approximately 2 weekend days a month on Social Media duty and occasional attendance at consumer & trade shows
- 5 day holiday allowance
- Paid £250 per month plus you will receive a monthly travel card within London & £100 per month lunch allowance