Aduna is an Africa-inspired health and beauty brand and social business. Our products are made using exceptional and underutilised natural ingredients sourced directly from small-scale producers in Africa. Our mission is to breathe the vibrancy of Africa into the daily lives of people all over the world, creating a virtuous circle that feeds significant positive impacts back to the source. You can also listen to our founder Andrew launching Aduna at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference on “The Promise of Africa” in 2012.
Aduna is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly efficient intern to support our office over a three-month period. You will be working in a small team of energetic, passionate individuals in a collaborative, creative and fast-paced environment. This will be an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a number of administration elements and to provide general assistance to the team. You will get to experience the excitement of working in a small, high-growth business, help us in our journey towards building a global brand and contribute to the creation of sustainable livelihoods for small-scale producers in rural Africa.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fulfil e-commerce and Amazon orders: prepare, log and post.
- Prepare and post all sample requests
- Book couriers and receive deliveries
- Represent Aduna at consumer and trade shows
- Order office supplies, manage filing & general office management
- Book travel and accomodation
- Assist with specific projects
- General assistance to the Aduna team
You need to be smart, confident and outgoing. This is a fast paced business where a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude is a must. You will have the opportunity to learn about the other areas of our business (marketing, sales, PR) if interested. Elements of the internship will require that you work independently and that you can prioritize your tasks.
Further longer-term opportunities at Aduna may exist for the right candidates.
Send us a copy of your CV with a covering email explaining what you bring to the role and why we should recruit you. Successful candidates will be invited to a brief exploratory meeting. Please send your application to email@example.com.
KEY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Start date: November 2016/ ASAP (3 month internship)
- Based in London at Aduna office (2 minutes from Oval Station)
- Work days: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-6pm
- Salary £250/per month, travel expenses (within London zones 1-2) & lunch allowance