Baobab & Turmeric Face Mask
We love DIY face masks and this baobab & turmeric one is suitable for all skin types and will leave your skin feeling soft and rejuvenated (we promise it won't leave you looking like a character from the Simpsons!)
Baobab - an antioxidant powerhouse, containing high levels of vitamin C and Polyphenols, making it the perfect beauty booster.
- Antioxidants - thanks to their free radical scavenging ability, they help prevent premature skin ageing and reduce the speed at which the skin cells age. Baobab contains over two times the antioxidants (per 100g) of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined.
- Vitamin C - vital for cell protection, regeneration & healthy blood vessels and one of the best skincare ingredients for anti-ageing.
- Polyphenols - Baobab’s polyphenol content is higher than most other fruits. Polyphenols are antioxidant plant chemicals including flavonoids, bioflavonoids, flavanols and tannins, which are often used in anti-ageing skin cream formulations.
Oats - soothing, nourishing, and softening, oats are also a gentle exfoliator.
Honey - naturally anti-bacterial making it great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Full of antioxidants, helping to slow down the ageing process.
- Soothing and moisturising, boosting complexion and natural glow.
- Opens up pores, making them easy to unblock and clarify.
Turmeric - contains curcumin which has amazing antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an effective ingredient to soothe skin irritations and promote skin healing.
Coconut oil - a rich moisturiser and very nourishing to the skin.
Yoghurt - yogurt contains lactic acid that dissolves dead skin cells. This gentle exfoliation not only helps to create a natural glow and prevent breakouts, but works to diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Makes 2 masks
1 1/2 tsp Aduna Baobab Powder
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
1-2 tsp honey
Place all the ingredients in a bowl (or a blender) and mix well. Using a brush, apply a thin layer of the mask evenly all over your face (avoiding the eye and mouth area).
Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off using warm water and a flannel. Pat your skin dry with a clean, dry towel.
Recipe by Aduna