Baobab is the fruit of Africa's 'Tree of Life'. The only fruit in the world that dries on the branch, we simply harvest and sieve to produce a 100% natural and organic powder that is exceptionally nutrient-rich, supporting a wide range of benefits.
Aduna Baobab Powder is a rich source of Vitamin C, which contributes to normal:
- Energy release
- Immune function
- Healthy, glowing skin
It is also almost 50% fibre (half soluble and half insoluble) and contains more antioxidants than any other whole fruit.
As it is 100% natural, it is more bioavailable than manufactured supplements, so our bodies can absorb the nutrients more easily, ensuring a greater uptake.
Baobab has a delicious sweet and citrussy flavour - a bit like healthy sherbet. In fact, Aduna Baobab is the first superfood to ever win a Great Taste Award. If you haven't tried it yet... what are you waiting for!
The top health & beauty benefits of baobab:
Unlike other animals, humans cannot make or store vitamin C, so we need to get a good supply from the foods we eat every day.
A single serving of Aduna Baobab Powder (10g or 2-3 teaspoons) provides:
- 33% of your daily Vitamin C requirement (NRV)
Vitamin C is essential for us to feel and look our best. It supports:
- Collagen formation, contributing to healthy skin, teeth, gums, cartilage, bones and blood vessels
- Energy release
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- A strong, healthy immune system
- Normal functioning of the nervous system and psychological function
- Protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Absorption of iron - vitamin C actually increases your body's absorption of iron, which is why vitamin C-rich baobab and iron-rich moringa work so well together
80% of people in the UK don’t eat enough fibre - a habit that often starts in childhood and carries through to our adult life.
Baobab is almost 50% fibre. There are two types of fibre that your body needs: soluble and insoluble - and baobab contains equal quantities of both.
The soluble fibre in baobab helps slow down the release of sugar into the blood stream, reducing energy spikes.
Fibre can help maintain a healthy digestive system including bowel regularity and can be helpful for weight management as it helps you feel fuller for longer.
According to The Journal of Nutrition, Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit.
Baobab powder has twice the antioxidants gram per gram of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined.
Antioxidants are essential for protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage. A diet rich in antioxidants can help reduce the signs of ageing - particularly over the long-term. They counteract oxidative stress and help manage the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen causing skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing.
Baobab's skin benefits are so impressive that Aduna's Baobab Powder was the first food item to ever be sold in the beauty halls of prestigious London department stores Liberty and Selfridges. It is listed as “must-have” thanks to its exceptional beauty from within properties.
Don't just take our word for it, here's what the experts at Vogue had to say about Aduna Baobab Powder:
"Known to boost metabolism, support skin, aid digestion and curb snack cravings.. if this all sounds too good to be true, rest assured its not!"
Vogue Magazine, Oct 2013
Shop the Aduna Baobab range:
Aduna's Great Taste award-winning Baobab has a delicious sweet and citrussy flavour. It is available in two delicious, easy to use formats:
- Aduna Baobab Powder - a 100% natural fruit powder made from nothing but pure baobab fruit. Perfect for boosting smoothies, juices and mixing into porridge, yoghurt, breakfast or wherever your imagination takes you! From £7.99 for 100g
- Aduna Baobab Energy Bar - a raw energy bar made from cold-pressed fruit and nuts. With two full teaspoons of baobab powder, juicy pineapple and almonds, this tangy bar is packed with flavour. Free from refined sugar, gluten, wheat and dairy, it is also a source of vitamin C and fibre. £1.89 for a single bar or £24.99 for a box of of 16.
As Aduna is a social business, we work directly with small-scale producers in Northern Ghana to harvest and process our baobab fruits, creating sustainable livelihoods for rural households. Every purchase makes a real difference. Thank you for your contribution and welcome to The Aduna Feel Good Tribe.
Aduna's products are sold in over 2,000 stores in 18 countries. Find a store near you or order online and we will deliver straight to your door.
We ship worldwide and offer free delivery for all orders over £20 if you are based in the UK or £50 for international orders. Shop now.
Read more baobab benefits:
The super-skin benefits of Aduna Baobab Superfruit Powder - International Facialist Abigail James
Health Claims: EU Register on Nutrition and Health Claims
Antioxidants: The Antioxidant Food Table, Carlsen M.H et al, 2010, Journal of Nutrition, 9:3